Outdoor Burning Information

One of the services provided to residents of Snohomish Regional Fire & Rescue is a Residential Outdoor Burning Permit program. The program was established by the Board of Fire Commissioners through Resolutions 2017-02 and 2017-08. This program was established in order to provide a means for our residents to burn legally, thereby providing an outlet to help reduce the incidence of wildfire by disposing of vegetative yard waste.

Residential outdoor burning is allowed with a permit in areas within the fire district which contain residential dwelling units and are of a lot size substantial enough to support the required setback requirements, and are outside of an Urban Growth Area (UGA). In addition to residential burn permits, recreational fires are allowed as specified below in all areas without a burn permit.

There is a $25 fee for residential burn permits, and they are issued for a 12-month period from purchase date. Residential burning is prohibited July 1 through August 31 of each year. No permits will be issued during this timeframe, nor during any burn ban. Burn ban status and burn permits may be obtained at www.snofire7.org.

Due to the COVID pandemic our Administration Office is closed to the public. If residents are needing assistance with purchasing a burn permit online please call the Main Office at 360-794-7666 between 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Do you have a specific question regarding outdoor burning? Please contact the Community Risk Reduction Division at riskreduction@snofire7.org. If you want to report unlawful burning, you must call 911 at the time the burning is occurring.

Click image to enlarge

Complaints of outdoor burning violations must be reported to 911.

Violations of outdoor burning rules result in the issuance of Notice of Unlawful burning. Such notices may be forwarded to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency (PSCAA). PSCAA is the region's air pollution control authority. The PSCAA has the ability to levy civil fines against a property owner for outdoor burning violations. The fire district does not issue fines; however, the PSCAA may. If you have specific questions about outdoor burning, please contact the Community Risk Reduction Division at RiskReduction@srfr.org or 360-805-0338.